Thursday, September 17, 2015

My "New"spaper Wall

Whiteboard/wall space is extremely limited in my classroom because of all the lovely windows I have, so I have to try to find "workarounds."  I use a small whiteboard underneath my document camera whenever I need to write things during class, and I portion out my space carefully on the big boards that do hang on my wall. 

Newspaper needed more space, though, so I went back to Lowe's and got one more sheet of markerboard wainscotting.  After a theatrical farce trying to get it cut, I brought it back to school today, wrapped the raw edges in black duct tape with little skulls (or, as I think of them, baby Yorricks), and hung them on the front of my locking metal cabinet with command strips.

(Just a sidenote about command strips.  My whole teaching universe would collapse, literally and physically, if it weren't for command.  Thank you, 3M people, for an awesome product.)

I am pretty pleased with the result.  The staff has moved right in, and I think we will be more organized.  Not bad for $10 and a few minutes spent playing with duct tape.....

No comments:

Post a Comment