Sunday, August 9, 2015

The First Days


If you're wondering where the posts have been lately, I think this image sums it up.  The first few days of school are something else, full of procedure and change.  They tend to leave me feeling as though a speeding bus clipped me.  That being said, we had a really good opening of school this year.  Everything went very smoothly. We had Open House this afternoon, and that concludes the preliminaries.  

My classes look really good this year.  I'm especially excited about my newspaper staff.  It's a really tiny group, but they have already come up with so many good ideas.  Their enthusiasm is contagious.  I can't wait to see what our product looks like when we can get all the pieces in place.

Tomorrow will be the first day past the class meetings and the handbook review and the schedule changes.  I have been waiting patiently for it.  I'm going to try an activity from the Folger Summer Academy with my AP students.  Fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment